Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day and Other Things

We had a wonderful time at Nolin Lake. We met my parents at the lake house of some dear friends who seem to have adopted the boys and I as their own. They babysit the boys so I get the chance do do a few grown-up things, have us over, check in on us, etc. They picked my parents up at the airport in October when they were returning from their Italy trip and delivered them to the Light the Night Walk and shuttled people to and from in August. This weekend, we played games, worked puzzles (Max is a whiz- he does 64 and 100 piece puzzles these days), sat on the porch, read, explored the locale... relaxation!

Davey is going to be reading at Mass tomorrow (this will be an improvement over his chosen activity LAST Thursday- playing "Rock, Paper, Scissors" with 2 classmates). I am planning to attend, at least long enough to see/ hear him read his Scripture passage.

Things are beginning to get back to normal with David's mom and dad. Sharon fell 2 weeks ago and broke her leg just below the ball joint while cooking dinner. She had surgery, spent some time in the hospital and then was transferred to a rehab hospital unit. She went home yesterday and they seem to be making the necessary adjustments for mobility, ambulation, supervision and independence. Keep them both in your thoughts.

My mom had a check up recently and things look good there, too! Hot flashes as summer is approaching will not be fun, but Mom has a great attitude about it!

I am pleased to report that I have 16 (I think) days of work before vacation. I love what I do, VERY MUCH, but there are plans being made by me (and by the boys) of things to do this summer and things to try, not limited to: movies, Calypso Cove (the YMCA water park nearby), Cub scout camp, a week at Googey and DadDad's, trip to see JT, Uncle Fuzzy (who Davey referred to tonight as "the tallest grownup I've ever met") and Aunt Sherri, and, certainly the most nerve wracking of them all, getting a new dog. Davey wants to adopt a beagle and name it "Goliath", after the dog on the old claymation TV show "Davey and Goliath". We have been looking online at a couple local sites to see what is available at what location. Many people try to warn me about beagles, but I hat a beagle for several years, especially while my mom and dad were in China, where Tino would have been a snack for the locals.

I am running out of steam, so I will stop for tonight. There is more, I am sure, but it will have to come another day.

No comments: