Monday, August 17, 2009

A Few Random Things....

Davey spent the last week of summer with my parents at Camp Googey and DadDad. He learned how to swim without a lifevest or floaties. I told him in June that he needed to either learn to swim or ride a 2 wheeler without training wheels before the end of summer. So, he did it!! He is so excited and proud of himself!

You may remember that Mary, David's sister, had a little girl at 28 weeks. Things seem to be going well, but please keep them both in your prayers.

I also ask for your prayers for my friend, Tena, and her family. Back in early June, her dad was diagnosed with very aggressive cancer and he has been in and out of the hospital fighting very hard. As of today, he is off the ventilator and feisty as ever.

My nephew, J.T., started kindergarten yesterday. He had a great day and wants to go back.

We went to "Meet the Teacher" day on Monday. Davey is excited about being a first grader and got the teacher he wanted. Tomorrow is the big day. I am ready for us all to be back on a schedule.

We will have to be making another (quick) trip to Florida next month for my grandmother's Celebration of Life. She was a really neat lady, as any of you all who met her will attest to. She lived life to the fullest and completed everything on her "bucket list". I hope to be able to say that when my time comes. She had her memorial service all planned out and all we have to do is make it happen, complete with jazz band on the catamaran playing the songs she chose. We will have the chance to see a lot of family that we don't see very often (some I saw last August, here in Louisville). Another chance for my boys to get to see their favorite cousin, J.T.

Every day, I am reminded of 2 things my grandmother tried to instill in me in the past couple years: "Happiness is an inside job." and "We plan, God laughs." Too true! We may THINK we are in control, and then something happens to remind us otherwise!

Well, I should get to bed, since tomorrow is a big day! Looking forward to a GREAT weekend!!

No comments: