Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Very Fun and Full Weekend...

Whew, we had a very busy weekend! The weather was pretty good, not humid and not hot. We spent time with friends, both new and old. We have so many awesomely supportive friends, many of whom asked for updates on our "goings on" this weekend through the many technologies available nowadays.

That being said, I had reached a point where I had to upgrade my cell plan to include texting back in May, and now have increased it to 1500 per month. I am becoming quite a fan of texting!! I know, I know, "Welcome to 2009, Jen!"

One of the highlights of our weekend was the first high school football game last night. We went to see North Oldham High play Moore High. We stayed for the first 3 quarters and Max got very wiggly and Davey got too bored. It was a fun experience even though it had been drizzling earlier and the bleachers were wet.

Today, after church, we went to lunch with a group of friends we typically join for lunch on Sunday. Then the boys wanted to go to the playground, then off to the grocery store, then home for some down time. Tonight, we took a picnic out to an area of green space in Anchorage (part of Louisville, for those who are unfamiliar) to hear a band that 3 friends from church are members of. They are called DNR. Two of the members are a couple who are both physicians, a cardiologist and a doctor of integrated medicine/ hormone therapy. I doesn't seem fair that they can be nice, musically talented AND doctors! They play music from the 190s through the 1990s, with the very occasional song from this millennium. Our picnic consisted of crab cake sandwiches, strawberries, potato chips and drinks. It was a fantastic evening.

This week holds the St. Margaret Mary Open House, my book group is meeting for dinner and, I hope, a couple of trips to the gym for me, since I found myself too busy last week to go at all!

Wishing my "bleaders" (that's Blog Readers, according to Julie Powell, author of Julie and Julia) an excellent week!

2 comments:

Lyn and John said...

We are so glad that you had such a fun and happy weekend!
Your greatest 'bleaders' and cheerleaders, Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time!! I hope that the good times continue!
See you soon...
Sherri