Sunday, April 26, 2009

Another Whirlwind Of A Weekend!!

I finally sent the boys to bed after much stalling (I know this is typical, but it gets old!) and now I can do my Sunday evening entry.

Davey had a successful sleepover Friday night. They played Wii, giggled, played, even slept some. He called me Saturday morning around 9:30 to say good morning. It was so sweet. He even told me my chocolate chip pancakes were better than what he ate that morning. Mine are sourdough, do you suppose that makes a difference? Max and I were going to try to go to the Derby Festival Balloon Glow, but it was fairly windy, then we had an invitation to go with some friends to the balloon race Saturday morning, but it was postponed (it did eventually happen last night). We slept in and it was WONDERFUL! Max helped himself to a piece of chocolate ("But, I went pee pee, Mommy") before I woke up.

Saturday afternoon, Max and I picked Davey up and went to a birthday party for the 6 year old daughter of some friends. I felt at first a little lost, still missing the way it should be... attending these family events with all four of us! There was gal I used to teach with that I hadn't talked to since the funeral. As we were leaving the party, she said that she was sorry she hadn't called. but that she hadn't known what to say. She did offer that perhaps she should have called and said, "I don't know what to say". It is hard to know what to do under these circumstances, I know that, so, the best thing to do is to call and just say, "Hi, I was thinking about you."

After the birthday party, we were off to a celebration of the first Eucharist of the daughter of our dear friends the Hubers. It was great! Beautiful weather and we enjoyed their newly completed deck. I kept feeling as if we needed to depart, but they insisted we stay. We were the last people to leave, even after the grandparents. It is nice to feel so welcome and loved! I know I keep saying this, but we have amazing friends (both near and far). It was a late night, but a good day.

Today, we hurriedly ate breakfast, went to Mass, came home, I mowed the grass, chatted with a neighbor, gathered up the boys, went to another birthday party, did a bit of grocery shopping, ran home, cooked a dinner of hot dogs (requested, but I snuck in turkey hot dogs to ease my guilt), fruit and chips. Then into jammies, a mommy-son showing of Scooby Doo (circa 1969!) and off to bed (a LONG and DRAWN OUT PROCESS!!!! I still hear Max playing in his room, but at least he is in his room, right?).

We are gearing up for another busy week, but at least we have Friday off for Derby weekend!! Soccer practice. A soccer game. IEP meetings. Parties next weekend. It is good for me to stay busy, I do much better that way!

Watch the best 2 minutes in sports this Saturday and may your horse do well for you!

1 comment:

Tena said...

I like sourdough pancakes, too! (Especially when they don't have too much baking soda in them!) But, shhh - don't tell Husband!