Thursday, December 11, 2008

Charity

I did it! I took a bunch of pants, t-shirts, sweaters, sweatpants, etc. to a local homeless shelter when I was downtown for meetings today. My friend, Lisa drove us over there and she dropped off some things, too. It was cold and I felt good knowing there would be people who needed these things a great deal more than I did. There are some items of clothing I might NEVER be able to part with (the lounge pants/ pajama pants David practically lived in from June on, a couple pairs of shoes and the golf shirts that were his staple for work days). I am still hoping to make (or have made) another quilt using his clothes. We have one from when he had his colon resection in August, 2002.

Pottying continues to go well. I am busy doing Christmas cards (there are a few people who will receive the card and not know at first why there are only 3 names in the card. I have to include an explanation in those.)

I have ordered a trundle bed for Max's room. Bunks were just going to be too overwhelming size-wise in his smallish space. The boys are excited about sharing sometimes.

Only 6 more days of work until the break!! YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for making those donations. I'm proud of you!!

Tena said...

Glad you made the donations.
Got your card today. Beautiful.
Yeah for continued potty successes!