Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Getting Back In Touch

Just a quickie tonight. I had a very awesome phone call last night. I talked (for nearly an hour and a half) with a friend from high school (the only friend from back then I still am in contact with) and it was so great! It was like we had just talked a few months ago, not 18 years ago. She is living in Baltimore and had 3 kids. We talked about motherhood, the old days, David's last months, God, our faith, our families... It was the highlight of my week! I can't tell you how it has impacted me and lifted my spirits.

This morning, we didn't wake up until 7:15 (we need to leave the house by 7:30 if Max is dropped off first, 7:40 if Davey is dropped off first). Everyone was where they needed to be by the time they needed to be there, so it turned out ok, but we were flying!

Tomorrow is Davey's school Christmas party and I am ready with craft activities and the other 2 room moms are armed with games, goodie bags and food. The only parents allowed at the party are the room moms.

I still look forward every night to the snuggles and cuddles from my little fellows. They are the lights of my life!!

4 comments:

Lyn and John said...

Can't wait to see you all tomorrow! I want some of those snuggles too.
Love, Googey

Anonymous said...

Have a great birthday!! and hi to your parents!
Amy

Tena said...

I'm sorry I missed your call last night!
Talk to you soon - maybe when you're driving to your parents' house?

Anonymous said...

We are thinking about you on your birthday. Hope you enjoy your 29th B-day. Lets celebrate with ruby slipper maritini's when you get back!
Bobbie