Monday, February 16, 2009

Da, Da, Da... The MRI

Well, I went in this afternoon for the MRI. I had myself all prepared for tight quarters and loud noises. It included both, but it was not nearly as bad as I was expecting!! I got to wear loose, comfy scrubs and I was forced to do nothing but lay there and relax for 30 minutes. That is a TREAT for the working single mom!! I don't know what the official results and findings are, but I seem to be in hardly any pain, now. It seems rather odd. Should I chalk it up to being in that position? Being on a flat, hard surface? The magnetic field? The power of prayer? All of the above? Regardless, I am able to bend and pick things up off the floor (don't tell the boys, I have them convinced I can't bend over and pick up their toys!) and putting on p.j.s tonight was virtually painless.

I knew many of you would be wondering how it went. Now I just wait to hear from my doc. I have 3 PT appointments this week. I hope they all go well!

Have a great week!!

1 comment:

Steph said...

The power of being still and relaxing for 30 minutes does wonders for a body. I have a similar problem that flares up every few months. The Darvocet and Flexeril cocktail doesn't help nearly as much as being still an hour. Massage therapy helps too. My prayers are with you to relieve your pain. It is no fun.