Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Spelling Test and Such

Davey had his first spelling test yesterday and he, of course, earned a 100%. The list included words in the -an and -at word families (plan, man, bat, cat...). Friday, he will have the test on this week's words, the -am and -ap word families. He was so on the ball this week (after last week having to do his Monday and Wednesday homework at 8:55 on Tuesday evening, due to his mother's lack of awareness that Language Arts homework is now posted on the Internet, not sent home in the folder) and finished the "write the spelling words 3 times each" and "write 5 sentences using your spelling words" assignments on Sunday night! So tonight, he did not have homework!

I have been attempting to teach the boys about Lent and why we don't eat meat on Ash Wednesday and on Fridays in Lent and why people often abstain from something during Lent. I think Davey might understand. He is becoming really big on putting money in the Rice Bowl (a cardboard container we received to collect money for the needy in the Third World. He put $2 in there today. Am I defeating his charitable attempts by reminding him he needs to be saving something for our Spring Break trip so he has money for souvenirs? I want him to balance and do both. Maybe I should get out the kids Dave Ramsey books Chick-Fil-A gave away s few years ago and reread them with him.... I did attend Mass with him this morning. It was his first "smudging" (that he remembers), so it was nice for me. I was so pleased with his behavior in what turned out to be a lengthy Mass. He did better than most of the other kindergartners. I would expect nothing less, I might add!

2 comments:

Lyn and John said...

No Surprises! -- from our perfect grandsons!
Love you all, DadDad and Googey

Anonymous said...

You are proving yourself to be an awesome mom and I'm not at all surprised! Your boys sound wonderful and a lot of that is because of you Jen. Good job mom!
Brenda