Monday, February 2, 2009

Return to normal??

I am so ready to be back to some normal schedule! We have missed 5 days of school due to this winter storm! Aargh! Davey went back today and, since I had things to accomplish and a day to do it, I got into high gear and tackled my list.

1. Check battery in the van to see if it is "bad" and replace it, if necessary.

2. Go see the physical therapist to work on my atrocious pain in my left leg.

3. Get a quote on replacing the trim piece on the liftgate on the van where I (stupidly) tried to back into the garage with it open before Christmas.

4. Meet Davey for lunch.

5. Call insurance company to report fence, swingset, sandbox, shed, and potential roof damage.

6. Meet tree removal men at the house to ensure they did what they said they would do for the agreed price.

After dropping off the boys and seeing my parents off, I went to do #1 and discovered the battery on the 2 year 7 month old van was shot and needed to be replaced. I told the gentleman there that I would be back this afternoon to get a new battery. Off I went to my 9:45 appointment with a guy who is a member of SMM and is a PT. He moved me around, asked me to stand on my left leg (which I could do) and then raise up on my toes (which I could not do). He thinks it is either a sciatic nerve problem or a disk problem and said I needed to go back and see my doctor and check out a couple things before he wanted to work on me. So, tomorrow, I have an appointment with my internist.

Rob, the PT, had a suggestion of an alternative to going to the Honda body shop for an estimate, so I gave that a try. They were very reasonable and very nice. Next week, that will be completed, too, as soon as the parts come in. I had a little time before meeting Davey for lunch, so I thought I would see what Circuit City had left and at what prices. I still needed a TV to be prepared for the "Great Switch" in 2 weeks. So, I found a 15" set for a decent price (a good TV for a good price, according to my brother who is in the electronics field) and bought it. Now, I will be ready with 3 DTV ready TVs and I can keep the existing satellite set up.

Off to SMM to have lunch with my favorite kindergartener. Davey invited a few boys to join us at the special table reserved for parents and kids dining together. What an experience! Then, on to getting the new battery and then home to see how the tree removal was progressing. That went smoothly and they even picked up some smaller sticks that I had figured they would leave. I called the insurance company to discover the shed is covered, but the other things are not. We will see how the roof looks after the snow melts (we are supposed to get 1-3" more tonight, but we will see...) I laid on the couch for about 30 minutes, before it was time to go pick Davey up from school. We went to a car wash and did a quick rinse of the salt and collected Max and came home. We had company coming over to share leftover tortilla soup from last night.

Both boys were bathed, pajama-ed and had their teeth brushed by 7:30, books read by 7:50 and Max was tucked in by 8:00. Davey, on the other hand FINALLY got to play MarioKart with me and do some WiiFit before I scooted him off to bed. Now I am debating whether a hot shower or bath is in order for my back/leg or whether I should just go to bed with some pain relievers.

Either way, have a wonderful week and remember to count your blessings!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a productive day. Hope you went for the bath - always helps Cindy.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you were busy! Now I feel all lazy and stuff! LOL
The TV sounds like a good deal (is it for the kitchen?)
Good Luck at the doc today. I hope that it's the nerve and not the disc!!
Let us know what you find out...
Love,
Sherri

Anonymous said...

DadDad says you should look into a playground "kit" to replace the broken one, and we'll make it come together this spring. We know your boys cannot be without swings and monkey bars!
We love you all and can't wait for another weekend together very soon. Love, Mom and Dad

Tena said...

You get more stuff done in one day that many of us get done in a week! Wow!
Sending hugs to you!