Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Home Stretch!

Here we are at the beginning of another week. Only 5 more work days until Spring Break!!! This past week was a good one, overall. Here are some of the major happenings-

Max started in the Three's classroom: He is now a Ladybug instead of a Teddy Bear. The Assistant Director called on Friday and then he started in there this past Monday. He has made the transition beautifully and enjoys the bigger kids. He isn't the youngest, but I am pretty sure he is the smallest. In this class, they seem to go to the playground more (yippee!), do more "traditional preschool" things (letter of the week, sight words, etc) and Max has now decided peeing standing up is the only way to go. Hmmm...

Western Kentucky Hilltoppers are in the news: At our house, we were excited to see the Toppers beat Illinois early in the week, but then crushed to such that heartbreaker last night against Gonzaga. Oh, well, as they say, there is always next season. Davey stayed up to watch with me. We were also watching the Siena- Louisville game. I think I must be one of the ONLY people in Louisville who would like to see Rick Pitino taken down a few pegs. He has always struck me as a pompous jerk.

I have been experiencing progress with PT: When I began PT in very early Feb., I was only able to get my leg to 25 degrees off the table. On Wed. and Fri. this week, I got it to 70 degrees, with the prodding and stretching of Brad the Wonder PT. I have less pain, more ability to bend and move and, now, more frequent reminders of what I should NOT do (try to carry all the laundry in one load, not carry the groceries in one bag- use the cart all the way to the van, and just be aware of how I bend and twist). I am still hoping I will be able to do things that we have planned for Spring Break, after all, if I don't, Googey and DadDad might have to fill in.

Today, I went to a movie and shopping after with a couple buddies: Bobbie helped me pick out some new additions to my wardrobe that I never would have considered. It was fun! It has been a long time since shopping with a girlfriend! I went to see "He's Just Not That Into You" with Amy and Bobbie. Good flick! I was reminded by one gal in there what drama there can be with dating, something I have had the luxury of avoiding for the past 15 years. She was insightful and there was a character in the movie who kicks her husband out after discovering his chronic lying and after he admits he has had an affair who also seemed quite wise. You hear her at the end talking about being alone again and how it forces you to start over and reassess things. I have definitely learned a lot about myself and the people in my life over the past 9 months. I have seen who is still there, offering support, after time has passed, who has become closer, some who surprise me, and who has drifted away, some who surprise me there, too. I am not happy about the circumstances under which I have watched these relationships develop and change, but I am thankful for those people who have touched my life and those of my 2 precious boys.

Well, that is our week in a nutshell. I hope we will be able to continue to enjoy mild spring weather like we have been and play in the backyard, eat outside and see a lot of our fantastic neighbors. I am ready for the tulips, daffodils and azaleas to bloom. Spring is such a time of renewal, and we need some of that at our house!

Happy spring to you all!!

No comments: