Sunday, March 29, 2009

Relaxation

I am so glad for spring break to have arrived! The boys can't wait to see their Googey, DadDad, Uncle Fuzzy, Aunt Sherri and J.T. I am wondering how the drive is going to go. The DVD player is rigged up, the movies, books, coloring and activity books are all packed. Laundry has been done, suitcases packed... we are ready! I just hope I can drag myself out of bed when the alarm goes off!

We had a fun weekend. Sleeping in and being lazy yesterday morning and then bowling with the Hubers. Running errands, getting all the snacks we each chose (veggie chips, cheese and crackers, granola bars, apples, bananas, peanut butter in celery, all our faves). Today, we went to Mass, then to the cemetery, then to the zoo with some friends. There weren't many people there, which could be because it was cold (36 degrees!) or could be because the U of L Cardinals were playing (and losing!) right when we were there. I've always had a hard time being a Cards fan (Rick Pitino seems to have recovered from complete egotistical jerkiness, so maybe I can be a little bit of a fan, now) and I have UNC winning on my bracket, so I'm not too disappointed.

I hope I can keep the boys content and getting along and keep my sciatica from acting up too badly this week. I have a list of stretches to do and two appointments for the week after spring break, so IF I do my PT homework, I should be OK, but I am taking some pain pills, just in case.

Wishing everyone a happy spring and, if you are off this week, enjoy yourself, relax and relish in a week of fewer pressures and deadlines!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful time on break with the boys! Relax and enjoy your time away!! You deserve to have some rest and relaxation! Glad you had a great weekend... hope your week is everything you want it to be :)
Brenda

Steph said...

We had a wonderful time at the Zoo! Having the zoo to ourselves was such a treat. I hope you and the boys have a safe and happy trip.