Sunday, March 8, 2009

Power Tools

A woman and her chainsaw, a powerful combination!! I demolished the swingset in the backyard singlehandedly yesterday... just me and my little chainsaw. Before I get lots of comments on how foolish that was, especially considering the evil herniated disk, let me assure you, I was in no more pain this morning as I was yesterday morning. The trash bin is parked at the curb, overflowing with bits of timber and there is a pile next to it that I just hope the trash men feel generous enough to take away, too, tomorrow morning.

Now, next weekend, CONSTRUCTION of the new swingset can begin. There have been several offers from able-bodied friends and neighbors, so, if you find that you are available next weekend (weather permitting), call or drop by! I have several boxes of lumber and such in the garage, just begging to be transformed into a spectacular arena of fun and frivolity!!

The boys have been busy, thus, I have been busy. Davey went to a friend's house to play after school on Friday. We all met up for ice cream after the fish fry at church/ school. The kindergarten buddies played a lot of Wii, I heard. Max and I enjoyed some quality "Mommy-Max" time. We attended a 6th birthday party Saturday afternoon (after which I became a "lumberjane", with my assistant Max). After that, with a GREAT deal of persuasion, Davey joined us in collecting sticks and other bits of storm debris. I told him that if I had to do it all myself, I might be too worn out to fix dinner, so what did he plan on making? He seemed bewildered, but, in the end helped out.

This morning, we had a hard time waking up and getting moving, due to Daylight Savings time, but we made it to Mass on time and got Max settled in at Sunday School. It happens to meet in Davey's classroom, so all I have to do is show him where Davey's seat is and he is good to go.

My book group is meeting this week. We have read The Shack. It should prompt some good conversation! My friend Ronda is choosing the new book. This afternoon, she and I were supposed to meet for a movie, but the movie limes had changed since I looked at them, so we missed it. Instead, she graciously accompanied me on a couple errands, including going to Barnes and Noble to get a gift card. While we were there, Ronda chose the next book (The Undomesticated Goddess, by Sophie Kinsella, hope I didn't spoil the surprise, fellow Booklubbers!!!). So, instead of seeing a Sophie Kinsella movie, I bought a Sophie Kinsella book.

I hope everyone has something fun planned for this week!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will love the book...so funny. One of my favorite SK books.
So, was the demolition therapeutic at all?? they say that stuff like that is great for mental well being and the such.
21 days and counting....
Love you,
Sherri

Anonymous said...

As you discovered, a chain saw can reduce a swingset to kindling in very short order.

Tena said...

So proud of you - and wishing I was closer to help with the construction of the new one! Take lots of pics!