Friday, November 14, 2008

An Angel

A very mysterious thing happened to me yesterday. I have this awesome green raincoat that I bought at a consignment store here. I have worn it almost every day since Saturday. Yesterday, I reached into the right pocket and there, among the 2 Tootsie Roll pops, a tissue and my ID badge from work, was a coin-sized token with an angel on one side and on the reverse, it says "strength". I have no idea how is got there, but it had not been there when I left for work and was digging in my pockets for my car keys. Hmmm..... After the things I have been living with lately, I would say strength is an appropriate mantra and this is an appropriate touchstone. Whether someone earthly placed in my pocket or it appeared by some other more mysterious method, it doesn't matter. It touched me and I love having that in my pocket.

3 comments:

Lyn and John said...

Angels really are watching over us! Love, Mom

Tena said...

Angels are everywhere. Saying a little prayer this morning for thos angels and your family.

Anonymous said...

Jen - I had hoped the little coin would bring you some strength. Having heard the latest news on your mom, I felt a strong need to put it there. I'm glad you like it. Angels are everywhere. I pray your weekend went well. Kiss and hug the boys and let your mom and dad know they are in my prayers. You all are so special! Love ya, Robin