Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Quickie

Ok, not what you'd expect from a "young widow" as I have been called a fair bit lately. There are no "quickies" in my life, especially seeing as everything takes longer than it used to these days. There is always more that I need to do (laundry, cook, clean, pack lunches...) an want to do (reading with and cuddling with my boys, "Boston Legal", phone calls, reading, blogging...) than there are hours in the day! So this will be brief, I hope!

Work is good. I still love it, even with the chair throwing, poop smearing, hitting, biting, scratching, etc. going on with 2 of my students. It is very rewarding.

We are getting along ok without any meals coming and with me doing my own mowing and leaf removal. It is a slow process, but very rewarding when it is finished.

I hired a sitter to come so I could join a friend at a showing of "Secret Life of Bees" on Sunday afternoon. I will be doing it again tomorrow night so I can go to a Moms' Night Out with the kindergarten moms. It should be fun!

David's last group at work has collected a chunk of money for the boys' education fund. We continue to be blessed with amazing support from people who care so much about us!

I saw this at one of my schools and it has stuck with me so I will share it.

"Decide to be happy today, to love with what is yours- your family, your business, your job, your luck. If you can't have what you like, maybe you can like what you have. Just for today, be kind, be cheerful, agreeable, responsive, caring and understanding. Be your best, dress your best, talk softly, look for the bright side of things. Praise people for what they do and don't criticize them for what they can't do. If someone does something stupid, forgive and forget. After all, it's just for one day. Who knows? It may turn out to be a nice day."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The movie and mom's night out sound like fun! I'm glad that you're taking time from your overwhelming schedule for yourself. We'll see you in 2 weeks!!