Wednesday, September 10, 2008

That's What Friends Are For!

Today's post may be a bit of a tear jerker. We went to Davey's soccer practice this evening after picking up Wendy's for a picnic at the soccer field. I got to talking to another mom and mentioned that we were going to take a trip to St. Louis in early Nov. and Davey would be missing a day of school (something I SWORE I WOULD NEVER DO!!), but since for 2 summers David and I had planned trips to SL and 2 summers he was in the hospital and we had to cancel, we were definitely going this time. She asked how my husband was now. I teared up and told her he had died a month ago. She said, "Oh, you're Jennifer Albright. I have heard about your story." (So, now I am famous??)

Another happening today was a phone call from the funeral home to tell me the death certificates had arrived from Frankfort (the capitol, for the non-Kentucky folks). A friend from work offered to go pick them up so I would not have to go to the funeral home. What a nice thing to do! So now I can file for the life insurance and social security for the boys. I spoke to a YUM Human Resources person today. They are not only continuing the health insurance for us, but are helping arrange for the vision insurance to cover the eye exams Davey and I had in July. A blessing!

The Grandparents' Day celebration at St. Margaret Mary was yesterday. My mom and dad came for it and had a great time. After it was over, instead of going straight home, they called me and asked if I would have time to meet them for lunch. We went to a place downtown called Toast and had gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato basil soup. It was a cloudy, cool day, so it was perfect for the weather.

Last night, I actually went out with a group of gals for dinner. A friend from work (I seem to have a few of those, huh? Ain't it great?!?!?) came last week to meet the boys and then last night stayed with them and feed them and got them in bed. While that was going on, her husband worked on the hole in the bathroom ceiling from the plumbing we had worked on last fall. Now I have one less hole (well, actually, no holes ) in the ceiling. He will be back to do another coat of mud this weekend. Next week, he's going to work some more. I am so lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life to help me in so many ways!!

"A friend is one who strengthens you with prayers, blesses you with love and encourages you with hope."

May you all have a wonderful weekend and hold your loved ones close!

4 comments:

Tena said...

You have always been famous to me! I'm so glad that people are hearing about 'your story.' That means more people are praying for you, helping you, sending you happy thoughts, etc. The Albrights are a special crew - to everyone they meet!
Love!

Anonymous said...

Yeah...what Tena said!!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

You got my vote on that one too. I know I'm truly blessed by all of you. Can I have your autograph? I don't know anyone famous...uh um, but I'm sure glad to know you and I will continue to pray for you all. Love ya, Robin S.

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking of you speccially today and sending all sorts of positive thoughts. Your photo is wonderful and your spirits even more special. I am glad that you are continuing your blog.