Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Very Busy Day!

Well, the entertainment center was delivered Saturday morning about 9:15 (shortly before we needed to leave for Davey's soccer game- more on that later). Our friends, Cindy and Nick Zilich, had come over to supervise the delivery, since I knew I would need to leave mid-delivery. I bribed them with sourdough pancakes. They stayed and I left Max happily playing in the basement. After the game, I called to see how things were (Max and Nick made a Spiderman mask, wrist bands and cape out of the sheets of foamy stuff the furniture was wrapped in). Cindy told me the shelf with the stereo, DVD player and satellite receiver had fallen on the TV, but the TV was fine. "You can hardly tell," were Cindy's words. Apparently, the delivery men neglected to bolt the 3 components of the furniture together so the shelf would have something sturdy to rest on and the shelf itself was bowed and therefore 1/2 inch too short. So, Cherry House called me back and are coming on Monday to bolt things together properly and, I hope, bring me a non-warped shelf! It is 9 1/2 feet long, but the wall is big, so it is perfect.

The soccer game was great. Davey had fun, got to play a bit at goalie and even kept a ball from going in. They don't keep score officially, but it seems the parents do. St. Margaret Mary scored 5 and St. Michaels scored none, but "no one keeps score"- nudge, nudge. It was even a little chilly (65 degrees). I wished I had a sweatshirt. We will miss next week's game, but there are several more to come. At the end, all the parents do a tunnel for the kids to run through. That was neat and it made me miss David, but I have to think he was right there with us!

Later in the day, I received a visit from our friend who is handy with drywall. He measured and inspected and determined that the new drywall needed to be attached to a floor joist (good thinking!) so he cut away a bit more and then determined that the piece he had would be too small, so he will work more on it on Tuesday while he and his wife are babysitting the boys. The boys may learn a valuable skill!

Tonight, we were invited to some friends' for fun for kids and "adult beverages" for me. People seem to assume I need some of those! It was a good time, a nice distraction. We didn't get home until late, but the boys had fun. I just hope they aren't too grumpy when I wake them up for Mass in the morning!

I want to wish grandparents out there a happy Grandparents' Day tomorrow. My mom and dad will begin their trip to Louisville from my cousin's wedding (on the beach on the coast of North Carolina, I haven't heard whether it was all indoor or if they managed to do some outdoor).

Take care and God bless!

3 comments:

Tena said...

'nudge, nudge' - who keeps score! love that!
hope it all works out on Monday! can't wait to hear the details of that part of the adventure...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy weekend. Yay for Davey saving a goal!! I swear, that kid is good at everything :) he makes us proud! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Jen - you know going through all of this God gave you those two oh so very special boys to help light your way. I'm sorry the entertainment center was messed up a bit. I know everything will work out eventually. By the way I just signed up to the walk. I'm looking forward to it. I hope you had a good and blessed Sunday. I'll see you tomorrow mornin' - maybe with a special treat! Love you and the boys. Robin S.