Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Order Out Of Chaos

I heard a quote today (on HGTV while I was on the elliptical machine at the YMCA, yes, I gave myself permission to go exercise between work and picking boys up). It was about making order out of chaos, a direct contradiction to the laws of thermodynamics. I am making is my goal to do just that. I spent a long time today calling the life insurance folks, the vision insurance company (they sent me COBRA paperwork because we had been dropped from coverage before we went to the eye doctor, but hadn't been informed of that until later), the doctor who is supposed to sign the death certificates, the funeral home, the furniture store to arrange a delivery time that doesn't conflict with Davey's first soccer game this Saturday... I felt very productive.

Mrs. Flechler (Davey's kindergarten teacher) called last night while the boys were in the shower. She shared with me that she has "plans" for Davey for his reading. He will not just be reading the pre-primers (simple books of sight words) like they typically start with. She also said she enjoys Davey's sense of humor. It is so nice to feel like other people appreciate your kids as much as you do.

We had a couple over for dinner last night so they could meet the boys. They are going to be here with them while I get to have an adult evening with my book group next week. Not only will they be entertaining my kids, but the husband knows how to drywall. This is good since the drywall lady (yes, LADY) hurt her back and now won't be able to do the work for quite a while. So the boys may learn a bit about drywall next week, too.

On Monday, we were with two families we are friends with and hung out with them for about 9 hours. It was a fun day and I even became pain free (I have had some back pain for the past week or so). The wonderful former physical therapist (mom to one of the friends we were spending the day with) did something called "strain- counter strain" with me and I can stand up after sitting for a while with no funky twinges in my back!

Work is going well. One of my schools had the copper stolen out of the A/C units that cool the preschool, so we did not have classes Tues. or Wed. All is better now that it has been repaired.
Gotta go get a kid in bed. More another night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that you get more done in one day than I do all week!!
I'm proud of you for going to the gym and for getting a sitter for book club. Those things will keep you sane!
Love you...

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are planning to attend on Tuesday. I didn't know John had hidden drywalling skills. Is that a word? See you Tuesday.
Lisa

Tena said...

So productive! I agree with Sherri that you always get lots more done than many people!
You have a wall that needs repair? Who knew?
I hope you are enjoying your pears...
Love you, sista!