Thursday, September 4, 2008

We Win!

Our friend Cindy Carter (wife of the guy who was instrumental in getting David and I set up on our first date) decided to write a letter to Incredible Dave's "giving them a piece of her mind". They responded to her today by phone. The said that I can use the name, as long as I do not use their font or logo, lest anyone think their Dave was the one who had passed away. Sounds like a deal to me!!

I bought a perfect birthday gift for Davey today. He asked for a telescope and we saw one this past weekend at Costco. He looked through it and LOVED it! So how cool will it be for him to see it in his own house or backyard?!?

I just had a good conversation with David's dad. We talked about the boys, telescopes (he thought I chose a good one for Davey), a possible trip up here in October to see grandsons and fall foliage and he proclaimed me "terrific". Any daughter-in-law knows how fantastic it is to have the sincere approval of the parents of the one you love. I especially am grateful for their approval since I now have the awesome task of raising their grandsons alone and hope to continue to do so in the manner David would if he were here with me (I know, Davey, Daddy IS with me, but you all know what I mean!).

The entertainment center will be delivered Sat. morning, unfortunately at the same time as Davey's first soccer game, so I am attempting to get a friend to help out there. I have cleared the space in the family room, wit help from "manly men" in the neighborhood. BUT... the old one, which I planed to use in the basement, did not fit down the stairs, so it will have to go in the Creekside garage sale in 2 weeks. Bummer, but perhaps another source of income to offset the expense of the new entertainment center.

If anyone is interested in sponsoring me or our LTN walk team, or JOINING our team, please let me know! Call, email, leave a comment, or go to the sites. Thanks for your support!

Hope this finds everyone doing well. Have a great weekend!

"Friends are the family we choose ourselves."
-Edna Buchanan

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage."
-Anais Nin

2 comments:

Tena said...

Yeah for Cindy! If only Incredible Dave's would donate to our cause as well...
Yeah for the perfect birthday gift for Davey!
Boo for the old entertainment center not fitting down the stairs - but Yeah for the garage sale in a couple of weeks!
And, of course the Albrights think you are terrific! You are the best thing that happened to David. You were the perfect pair - peanut butter and jelly! I'm glad they are being supportive of your efforts to raise the boys the way you and David had planned. (How could they not be? Those boys are precious!)
Proud to call you my sister/friend!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Good for Cindy! That's awesome. I wish that I could be there to walk with you!
I was just looking at a telescope last night and wondering if Davey had one? I guess he does!
Any suggestions for birthday gifts for him?
Love you!