Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Long Weekend, So Far...

Well, Friday, my mom and dad came to L'ville and picked Davey up from school. They heard from Logan (the kiddo Davey knows from preschool whose mom drives Davey to school some days) and his older brother that Davey read a scripture passage on the St. Margaret Mary daily broadcast. I am so proud. Apparently, it is uncommon to have a kindergartener reading on the broadcast!

That night after dinner, we all went to bowl at Incredible Dave's. While we were there, I asked our server if a manager was available. I told her that we had been there with a very large group of people one evening nearly 3 weeks ago and the circumstances that led us to be there. I asked if I could talk to someone about using the name for our Light the Night team. She asked the owner, Dave, and came back a bit later to tell me that we could not, that it was a "trademark issue". For Heaven's sake! I am not wanting to make any money off this, just raise money for a charity!! So, we have now decided that we will not be returning to their establishment. I am not sure whether to write a letter, go back to make my feelings known to the owner, or some other method of protest. Hmmm....

We have had several invitations to have socialization over the weekend. Thank you, friends!! We are very blessed to have you! I had a great conversation today with a friend that I taught with at Hightower Elementary in Plano. We laughed, we cried, we made a pact to call each other more frequently and begin with, "I have 10 minutes, how many do you have? Five, OK, we'll talk for 5." See, often we don't call people because we don't have as much time to talk as we would LIKE to talk, but a little is better than none, and if we start with our time limit, no one's feelings are hurt and we can still keep on our bedtime, dinner or school schedule. She is so wise!!

If you have been following the TV fairy subplot in our lives, you will know that we now need a new entertainment center. I went to two stores with the boys (and my mom and dad to corral them and keep them off the furniture). I found something nice at the first place and something "so me" at the second. I went back while Max was napping (and our awesome neighbor, Jo, came over to keep watch) and put money down on the entertainment center. I NEVER finance things, so to pay this off over a year, interest free, is different for me.

Tomorrow we are going to hang out at the pool and have a cookout with several families from church who have been unbelievably supportive! Should be fun!!

Enjoy your day off tomorrow and hug your loved ones hard!!

P.S. Tena (AKA the "Blog Fairy") posted the photo of the three of us from our zoo trip in June. Thanks, T!!

2 comments:

Lyn and John said...

WOW! The TV fairy, the lawn-mowing fairy, and now the Blog fairy. What a comfort to have so many folks looking after you so well. The picture of your happy faces is a wonderful addition to the Blog! Keep smiling.
Lots of love, Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

I love the new pics! Thanks Tena...
I am disappointed to hear about Incredible Daves, but we have always refered to David and Super Dave anyway, so it's back to that for us! :)
Love you!
Sherri