Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I was right - it could be worse.

Please begin praying – if you’re so inclined.

Since Saturday, the situation with David has gone from – “when is he coming home??” to very grim. In the middle of the night on Friday, Jen got a call from the hospital. They informed her that the staff was going to put in a trache or intubate him. But regardless, he would be heavily sedated. This is due to his high respirations and low oxygenation. (He wasn’t breathing the correct amounts of oxygen and CO2.)

Jen was able to call her wonderful neighbors, the Fantes, to come over for awhile for some moral support. Then, another call from the hospital informed Jen to go ahead and bring Davey with her when she came. Max stayed with the Fantes and Jen and Davey headed off to see David at the hospital.

Her parents were on their way from Alvaton and Beth Huber came to the hospital and stayed all day. What a blessing that they all were so supportive.

The intubation and scope occurred at bedside and then the results were shared with Jen and Beth. Jen’s parents had taken Davey home by that time. The results of these were not good. It seems that the new tumor has eaten through his esophagus and it’s causing “communication between his esophagus and his trachea.” Basically, food/saliva can go into his lungs and air can go into his stomach.

At this time, the doctors are saying that the time to recover from the pneumonia and get his body strong enough to accept another chemo treatment may be beyond what the chemo treatment can do. It may not be able to get this new tumor and it’s activity stopped because the tumor has grown so large in such a short time.

We are hopeful for a miracle but Jen has begun to have conversations with Davey about the future – ‘Daddy will be an angel. He’ll be able to see you and you can talk to him at any time.’

What a blessing those two boys are and how much they will continue to remind us of the wonderful David Albright. Jen knows that these boys will live up to the names they have been given and will serve their father’s legacy well.

** Just so you know, this is Tena – writing with Jen – via telephone, Texas to Kentucky.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aug 5th - Happy Anniversary.

Anonymous said...

Praying without ceasing...Jennifer, I love you...and Christ's presence will never leave you...BELIEVE

LUVUH

meg said...

I've been thinking/praying for you guys. Know that we love you all SO much. God will be with you through this, as will your family and friends on this side. I will call later, or feel free to call me.

Tena, if you read this, please call me at 512-983-5577.

MUCH love and MANY hugs
meg (and the gang)

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,

I am on vaction this week, but Angelia called me and filled me in on the latest news. I am so sorry for everything that you all are going trough. Never loose hope!!! If you need anything at all don't hesitate to ask. You know that there are my two kids that would LOVE to play with your children, if you ever need time away. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. We love you!

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are with you. You are an amazing person, God will be by your side helping you every step of the way.

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
Your strength and courage is amazing....your faith is an inspiration. I feel blessed beyond words that God saw fit to make us "sisters". Know that your brother, nephew and I are in constant prayer for you, David and your amazing boys.
Love,
Sherri

Steph said...

We are here to support you, David and the boys. You can call us any time you need us. We know that your strength and courage are being tested. Your love is stronger than any test. Keep your faith and hope.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer (and family),
Since I don't know of any other way to contact you at this point, I'll say this in a blog comment. Khira and I have been praying for David, you, and your family every day since we read the last post. We will continue to pray for strength, courage, and healing (spiritual and emotional, if not physical). I know that you already have tons of support in your local area, but please let us know of anything that we might be able to do.

In Christ's Merciful Love,
Derek

Anonymous said...

My prayers as well as so many others prayers go out to you, your families and the boys. When we are weak, He is strong. I know you believe that and I believe that too. You are a wonderful person and I love you and the boys well you know how much I love them too. I know you've heard it a thousand times, but if you need anything at all, please let me know. God is present and is working on this. We just have to be patient. ++++ooooo

Anonymous said...

Many have asked the question "How can a loving God allow such suffering - where is God?" God was and is exactly where He needs to be. He was being scourged and whipped - beaten and crucified and unimaginable wrath was emptied onto Himself. He was there out of love for those that would believe in and follow him. He is where he needs to be now and has prepared a place of unimaginable light and splendor for all those that call upon His name. He has purchased eternal life for them and let that be of great comfort. Allow Christ to hold you and He will carry you into that wonderful place of joy in the eternal light and presence of the living God. I and many others have been praying for David, you and your family. When I refer to "you" it is you all. I understand your predicament, but few words can help. Know that many people you know and many you do not can and will help and by their actions, know that you are loved and loved by the wonderful, loving and merciful God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

Anonymous said...

The love and care that you and David have sown with your neighbor will be returned to you in this time of trial and need.

Anonymous said...

Can someone please get in touch with me. I am a friend of Dave and Jen's from TCU. They were both a big part of my life there. I would like to be there for them.
Cheri Vaughan Riddle
San Antonio TX
210-380-5108
criddle69@sbcglobal.net
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, I am praying for you, your boys and for your husband. I believe that miracles can happen if it is God's will. God Bless you all and please know that many many people are praying for you all!
Caroline Johnson &
The Johnson Family

Anonymous said...

Your faith, hope and powerful love
is an awesome gift.
With much love, hugs in the spirit and strong prayers from your Bowling Green faith community at Holy Spirit,

Anita Willoughby

Anonymous said...

I know we haven't talked much since college, but I think about you guys regularly. I'll be praying for you.