Friday, August 15, 2008

Survivors!!

As the obituary said, Davey, Max and I are the survivors, I believe in more ways than one. The hardest time is at night. I can almost pretend that things are somewhat normal until after the boys are in bed and I allow myself to slow down a bit. I want to thank everyone for the love and support through all this and I pray that it won't let up for a while. After this past week, I am now going to try to put life back together/ keep life together for the sake of me and these boys. I was always planning to do the walk and, now, we will just change the color of the balloon we will carry. I will continue to blog as I continue through this process because it seems to be therapeutic. I appreciate all of you more than I can express!

Jen (and the boys)

"For I know the plans I have for you, plans to give you hope and a future."
~Jeremiah 29:11

9 comments:

meg said...

I think "The Incredible Daves" would be pretty awesome.

Tena said...

Love you, honey!

Jack said...

Jen,

Please keep us up to date with how you are doing, and remember there are a lot of people out there who love you and care about you!

Amy Stewart said...

Ooh, ooh, I change my vote from the Amazing Albrights and agree with Meg that it should be The Incredible Daves! Maybe they would be a big sponsor for you.

We're still praying for you and the boys, that won't stop! If you ever need to take a (12 hour) road trip for fun or whatever reason :), our door is always open.

Be strong and courageous,
amy :)

Thomas said...

I think "The Incredible Daves" would open up some sponsorship opportunity as well.

meg said...

...it'd be pretty easy to get t-shirts, too. :)

Melanie and Scott said...

I like the idea of "The Incredible Daves" but I think it should be made singular into "The Incredible Dave" There really is only one incredible DAVE. Great to see everyone. Take care of yourself and give the boys a hug. Love you!

Robin said...

I agree with everyone else - Incredible Dave would be a great team name! I look forward to the walk. I hope you were able to rest some this weekend. My prayers are always with you and will stay with you. Big hugs for everyone. Love Robin S.

Lyn and John said...

Jennifer ~ You seem to be really living these words from scripture --
We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love. Romans 5: 3-5 NLT
You're an inspiration! Love, Mom