Thursday, August 7, 2008

Prayer Warriors, We Need You!

Can you imagine Uncle Sam pointing at you? (No, not for the army but for being a Prayer Warrior!)

Last night, the neighborhood men assembled in the backyard at Jen and David's house. They put new timbers and new rubber mulch around the swingset. Jen described it as "Extreme Makeover, Playground Edition." They had pizza for dinner and did awesome work for Davey and Max. Thanks very much! The Albrights will enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the food, prayers, mail, calls and visits. What a blessing that Jen and the boys have been supported by so many and in so many ways. Jen's friend and former neighbor, Amy, has been with Jen all day today. She accompanied Jen to the hospital while David had some procedures - see notes below - and is still with her now. Bobbi (another neighbor/friend) is at the house with her this evening, keeping her company until her parents arrive. The City of Creekside seems to be one friendly, supportive place.

David was moved to Jewish Hospital so he could have some procedures today. He had a bronchoscopy and some 'lasering' to his tumor. There was much bleeding that they were able to cauterize. David was stable when the procedures were finished but the outlook for the future still isn't very good.

Our hope for tonight is that David is strong enough, stable enough to go back to Baptist East. So, Prayer Warriors - send those prayers!

** This is Tena again. I'm summarizing the events of the past couple of days and trying to keep everyone informed. Thank you for bearing with me as I try to get the facts straight.

7 comments:

denamu said...

Jen, We are praying for you and your boys. We love you guys. Love Dena and Michael Mullin

Anonymous said...

Jen,

My thought and prayers have been with you constantly the last few days. It sounds like there is a lot of love supporting you right now. Add mine to it.

Love,
Michele

Victoria G said...

Jennifer,
I have a daughter named Jennifer, also married to a David, as of last February. I think because of that I feel a special affinity for you and David. btw: I'm a friend of your wonderful parents, and an "MM". ;-)

My prayer for you is that you will know God's presence in a powerful way--through this ordeal and in the days ahead. I hope that when we don't know how to pray, tears count! Many prayers and tears are being offered on your behalf from Bowling Green, KY.

Madge Brown said...

Jennifer,

Chapter H is with you in thought, meditation & prayer, with continued hopes for a ray of sunshine during this trying time in your life. We will be praying for your family at Monday's meeting.

Anonymous said...

Jen:

I'm sorry you are having to go through this. I've been thinking and praying for you, David, Davey and Max often. I wish (probably not as much as you), there was something I could do. I suspect you know there are hundreds of us pulling for you all. I wish you some kind of peace. From reading your posts -- you have been able to find that amidst the chaos.

Peace,
Josh

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, I am so sorry to hear this news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Donna Heinlein

Anonymous said...

Sending many prayers up to our heavenly Father that things will improve soon. David and the boys are so lucky to have you and your constant uplifting spirit in their corner. You are amazing! "O LORD, YOU have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit or stand. When far away you know my every thought. You chart the path ahead of me, and tell me where to stop and rest. Every moment, you know where I am. You know what I am going to say before I even say it. You both precede and follow me, and place your hand of blessing on my head."

Love ya, Robin S.