Thursday, August 28, 2008

I Need a Long Weekend!

I know I have only been back to work for a couple weeks, but I am WORN OUT!! The boys didn't want to go to bed tonight and I am beat!

I have great classes with which to work this year, so that is a blessing.

Yesterday was a whirlwind! I got the 3 of us ready for the day, got Davey off to school, dropped Max off and went to the school I was scheduled for. A little later, I get a call from my awesome boss, asking if I was scheduled for meetings. I replied, "I don't think so." But, upon further review of my calendar, I was. So, off I went to a different school, attended a meeting, went to the resource center to make some materials for a teacher (gas is too expensive to drive back to my schools and this was a worthwhile activity), then went to our staff meeting. After that was over, I rushed to collect Max, then Davey, drove thru Wendy's (well, not DROVE THRU, but you know what I mean), drove to the soccer field and we had a picnic before Davey's practice. He had more fun than last week, which was great. After practice, we headed home for bath, stories and sleep. We were on schedule and I was reading to Max, when the phone rang. I decided that Max's bedtime stories were more important than a phone call, but Davey thought otherwise. He answered it and brought me the phone. It was my hairdresser (and friend) telling me that she was in my driveway with something for me. I expected that she had brought a little goodie bag or something. When I went to get a haircut Tuesday afternoon, I had told her that our main TV had gone kaput that morning and that I would need to be buying one soon. I was ordering one through my brother. So, she ended up bringing me a 32 inch LCD TV last night! The boys were thrilled! My mom jokes that the "TV Fairy" came to visit us.

All this reminds me of the movie "Pay It Forward". People are being so caring, generous and amazing! I feel the Spirit through my family and friends EVERY DAY!

Last thought... I did register with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society to have a team for the walk. If you want to donate, volunteer or join the team, check out the website.

http://www.active.com/donate/ltnKentucky/2277_davidswife


Enjoy a long weekend and God bless you all!!

"The time will come when your mouth will be full of laughing, and cries of joy will come from your lips."
-Job 8:21

4 comments:

Tena said...

Hi! I registered to be part of the team! I hope you'll have some 'down time' this weekend when your parents visit.
Love you.

Lyn and John said...

WOW! I love how the support for your LTN walk is growing and growing! Can't wait to pick up Davey at school and see you a little later today. XOX
DadDad and Googey

Anonymous said...

I hope that you all have a great weekend!! I'm sure that you are emotionally, mentally & physically exhausted! Try to do something nice for yourself, you deserve it.
Love you,
Sherri

Anonymous said...

Love the new picture! Enjoy the weekend...LUVUH