Monday, August 18, 2008

Life as we know it

Life as we have known has had to change, but we are doing ok!

Davey and I went to "Meet the Teacher" today. His teacher, Mrs. Flechler (like Fleckler), has won several Teacher of the Year awards for the Archdiocese and comes HIGHLY recommended. She is known to be very perceptive to kids' emotional needs, so that will be very good. There are several kids in the class whom we know from Vacation Bible School. One buddy of Davey's from preschool lives close by and his mom has offered to pick Davey up for school each morning as long as we need to. I am so grateful for that!!

I am going to go to work tomorrow. The Early Childhood department is having a meeting in the morning with our new Director. I think that would be the least shocking way to get back into work is with a large meeting, instead of trying to choose a school to visit. Then, Wednesday, I will drop Max off, go to Davey's first day, go to "Tea and Tissues" with the other kindergarten moms and dads, and then off to a school. That is the plan... I will have to see how it works out.

Tonight, the boys and I went to the Chitwoods' house for kids to play and spaghetti (is there any better comfort food than pasta!?!?). Now, Davey and I are watching the Olympics (our pre-bedtime routine) and then to bed we will both go!

Thank you all again, those of you that came to the funeral home, the funeral, the evening at "Incredible Dave's" and those of you that were with us in spirit! The outpouring of support has been amazing and overwhelming!

Also, please do not forget to send/email/employ a local carrier pigeon to get the stories/ memories of David to Tena . She needs them by Halloween, please.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
JT told us that he was lonely in the bath last night...ha-ha. We had gotten used to seeing you all everyday!
I hope that today was a good day.
Tell Davey that I'll be thinking about him tomorrow...I can't wait to hear about his 1st day.
Love,
Sherri

Jasten said...

Pasta is without a doubt the ultimate comfort food. Good to hear Davey is in good hands.

Robin said...

Jen,
God is still working. He has arranged to have the perfect teacher for Davey. I hope his 1st day is great and that he will like school (no doubt). I look forward to my Max hugs everyday. You are so blessed to have some very sweet boys. Please let me know how Davey's 1st day and your first day went. I will continue to pray for you all. The Chitwood's are a true blessing too. You are so lucky to have such good friends to offer such sweet support. C ya soon. Love, Robin S.

Cindy said...

"Jasten said...Pasta is without a doubt the ultimate comfort food."

As his Kevin's wife - I can tell you, it is all he cooked before got married. :) Glad to hear ya'll are moving forward.