Monday, August 11, 2008

Final arrangements for our friend David

This afternoon, Jen and her dad met with the funeral director to make final plans for David. I continue to marvel at Jen's strength and resilience. They had to pick out a casket, a vault, a registration book, discuss flowers and also write the obituary. It will be in the newspaper tomorrow. (The Bowling Green News - www.bgdailynews.com and The Louisville Courier Journal - http://www.legacy.com/louisville/obituaries.asp) As a matter of fact, the Louisville one is already up...

For those of you who are wondering, here are the details:
  • The visitation will be 3-7 pm Tuesday, August 12th at Pearson-Ratterman Funeral Home (12900 Shelbyville Rd.) with a prayer service at 4 pm.
  • The funeral to celebrate David's life will be at 10 am Wednesday, August 13th at St. Margaret Mary Catholic Church (7813 Shelbyville Rd.). David will be laid to rest at Calvary Cemetary following the funeral mass.
Monetary memorials can be made to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society or to the boys' educational fund.

Psalm 91:1
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

** Tena

1 comment:

Thomas said...

I was going to cut and paste my reflection on David from my blog, but it takes up way too much comment space, so I'm just going to link to it.

Life is Short - David Albright