Thursday, August 21, 2008

New role...

Well, I am now full into my role as kindergarten mommy. We have been going full force since yesterday at 6:15 am. I dropped Max off, continued on to St Margaret Mary to do the first day thing. My only tears were a result of David not being there to see the event (but Davey reminded me, as he does often these days, that "Daddy sees EVERYTHING we do!") and a few over the momentiousness of the occasion. I stayed until the teacher assistant said, "You do know there is a reception for you all in the Hospitality Room..." We all know that means, "Parents move along before you start making the kids cry."

Davey was excited to go to kinder and even more excited to see me after school. We went to get ice cream after school and then off to the sporting goods store to get soccer "gear". They had a deal if you got the shin guards, socks, ball, cleats and a cinch sack, you'd save $20, I think. Davey's practice was at 6, so we had to eat early and hot foot it to the field. Practices will be Wed. evenings and the first game is on Sept. 6.

Today's school adventures began with an announcement that he didn't want to ride with Logan , then, by 5 min later, he had changed it again. I mad HIM call and ask if he could change his mind again. He rode with them and had a great time. Today, he went to the YMCA after school and re connected with a couple of pre- K friends. He did not want to leave.

At 6 tonight, I (again) left my children with the Chitwoods while I went to the New Parent Kindergarten open house. I tried not to be one of the "my child is the most brilliant kid you have seen in years"

OK, Ambien is makinh me type funkee stuff. Gotta go night night very sooooon.

This is peanut butter signing off and missing my jelly immensely.

4 comments:

Amy Stewart said...

Hi Jenn,

You have been often in my mind and on my heart this week. Jack and I are praying for you and the boys, and crying a few tears on your behalf.

amy and jack

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy week!
How is work going for you?

Robin said...

Jen, it was so fun to dance the chicken dance with you and Max this morning. I hope you got all the book stuff and the boys got their treats and are enjoying them. I pray you all have a blessed weekend. I had to hug all my two year old friends before I left and tell them I love them. Max told me he loved me too. I could just eat him up he's so cute! Love and prayers, Robin S.

Tena said...

I am reluctant to vote for the new names for the walk. If the team will be called 'Incredible Daves' then we need to be sponsored. If not, we need to be 'amazing' or 'awesome' or something.
Love you!