Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Apprehension

The cemetery called earlier this week to tell me that the marker had been placed, so, in Saturday after Davey's final soccer match, we will all trek over to Calvary and visit. I would think it more appropriate to go after Mass on Sunday, but I don't see the need in driving to church, back home to pick up John and Sharon (David's parents), then to the cemetery. So, that leads us to Saturday between soccer and lunch. Then naps for any of us who want or need them. It will be a first for me to sell a car to an individual, rather than use it as a trade-in. I will be calling the county clerk's office to obtain instructions on what to do. While I am there, I will be asking about early voting. St MM is now in session on Election Day, due to the storm and related power outage.

Davey had his last soccer practice AND first chess club meeting today. I am determined to turn him into a combo of sports and brains.

I volunteered in the St. Margaret Mary cafeteria last Friday. It was actually fun to deliver ketchup, strews, forks, etc. and get to meet the kids. I had the opportunity to meet Davey's 6th grade buddy and let him know about Davey's new reality. He is a nice kid named Andrew.

Davey and I are working on a new concept for him... homework assigned Friday and due the following Thursday, We also work on birthday thank you cards nightly after Max is in bed (tonight, following this, we went into Davey's room to discover Max asleep in Davey's bed.

Max is still getting geared up for full force toilet time. I think it will require from me (like it did with Davey) about 3-4 days of being close to a toilet every hour and to be able to sit until he goes. I think Thanksgiving will be conducive to that, lots of football, food and home time. Plus the support of a Googey and an experienced aunt! He and I had a chat about what can and what cannot go in the toilet! I dearly hope that was a one and only experience I will have with snaking a toilet after a toy. Please look at our polls and answer them honestly.

And, finally, to put medical bills in perspective for those among us who don't have a need to know about medical expenses. I received the Explanation Of Benefits (EOB)for the 2 month period including July 11 to Aug. 9. This time, David was in 2 different hospitals and an ambulance trip. Even Dr. John Huber seemed a bit surprised. The insurance company paid $291,750! I think of what all that money could do!! I am glad for so many reasons that we did not prolong things unnecessarily those last few days.

May you all have many great blessings this weekend and make sure you count each and every one of them!

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea.
-Psalm 46:1-2

My hand will sustain him; surely my arm will strengthen him.
-Psalm 89:21

2 comments:

Tena said...

I'm glad you'll go to the cemetary with David's folks. And, glad that the marker is in place - earlier than expected.
I didn't know about the lunch on Friday. Good for you for spending some time with those Kinder kiddoes! (What did you need ideas for - snack or craft - for the party?)
LOVE that Max was sleeping in Davey's bed! They are such great pals!
Counting you as one of my blessings. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I hope that your visit with the Albrights is going well. I'm sure that they were happy to see those boys and hear all about their adventures. I pray that you all have a peaceful visit at the cemetary today.
I, also, count you among my many blessings today...