Monday, October 6, 2008

I Need a Vacation, I Think!

After our busy weekend (Tena, the boys and I were running on Saturday from the time we left the house at 9:30 a.m. until we came home from the LTN Walk around 9:30 p.m.). The boys we all troopers! We stopped by a jewelry store that was giving away Pandora bracelets to the first 200 customers. We explained that we were on our way to my son's birthday party. They gave us a coupon so we could come back and get our bracelets. Off we went to the Rauch Planetarium. We had a good time and I think the kids enjoyed the show, especially the laser show portion of the program. Even technical difficulties and pizza being 30 minutes late didn't get us down, after all, we now truly realize how insignificant little bumps in the road really are!

Then, after cleaning up, we sped off to the soccer field for Davey's 2:00 soccer game. The two little boys fell asleep on the way there, so they slept while I played "soccer mom"- a role I enjoy more than I anticipated. After the game, which St. Margaret Mary won, although officially, they don't keep score, we went to get our bracelets, went home to change for the LTN walk and took off for Waterfront Park.

The weather was perfect, the camaraderie was great and Team Incredible Dave raised over $2500 so far for leukemia and lymphoma research. There is still opportunity to support our team using the website (
http://www.active.com/donate/ltnKentucky/2277_davidswife ). We had 28 people on the team and we had a great time. I was teary (did you expect anything different?!?!?) My parents even arrived from Rome (via Chicago) before we started walking. We saw the luminary with David's name on it and we took the sign my mom sponsored ("Dave's Incredible Team") and it is now in the front yard.

Long day, but every activity was well worth it!

Sunday, after church, Davey chose to have his birthday lunch at Incredible Dave's (after being talked out of going to McDonalds). Then we came home for littler boys to get naps. We got to the cemetery before the gates closed, but my mom and dad were coming with a silk mum and they did not get in. I took it over today and sat and talked to David for a few minutes. It was nice to have something there other than the dirt. The boys and I will go out there again when David's mom and dad come in 2 weeks. Then I went to get Davey. It was a busy and hectic weekend, but now I feel this emotional let-down after everyone has gone home. I have been enjoying all the love and support and there is a part of me that is dreadfully afraid that people will tire of me and my situation and I will be alone to muddle through on my way to "normalcy".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll never tire of you...we love you and admire your amazing faith and strength. I know that you don't see it, but I think that lots of us have learned some incredible lessons from you recently.
Love you,
Sherri
PS-Texas is a nice vacation spot!

Anonymous said...

Remember, you are NEVER, EVER alone! There is a power much greater than all of us in your corner who will ALWAYS be there with you. (And I'm just a phone call away) LOVE and MANY HUGS!
meg

Anonymous said...

Please remember, you have given support and encouragement to others over the past few weeks as well as being on the receiving side of things. I am glad to hear you had an exciting weekend with your friend. I had intended to ask you about that on Monday, but then kept remembering at the wrong time!
Lisa