Saturday, October 4, 2008

Well, We Did It

Well, folks. We have arrived at the big day. Saturday is the birthday party, the soccer game, the Walk and my mom and dad arrive home from Italy. There has been some confusion around the arrival and getting my parents from the airport. I had lined up a friend to collect them, but I did not know their arrival info. So, after some research on-line and with my cousin (my aunt is travelling with my parents until they get to Chicago), I think I have the mystery solved. They will maybe come to the waterfront or just come to the house and wait.

We have 28 people registered to walk. Tena and the boys (all three) went with me to drop off the collections that were not on-line and we got our instructions and t-shirts. I got a long sleeved "Bright Lights" shirt for raising more than $1000. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT!! We will be eating, socializing, walking and enjoying Louisville's own "Zooperstars" tomorrow evening.

Today, Tena, Eli and I went to the St. James Court Art Show. We made some purchases, but nothing too crazy. It was a great day! Thanks to the ever wonderful Jen Straub for taking Davey for the day for zoo fun, etc. so he didn't have to endure the art fair!!

Sunday after Mass, we will be making our first journey out to the cemetery since Aug. 12 (the day of the funeral). I need to remember to wear my waterproof mascara!

In a lighter note, I am still doing battle with the powder room toilet. It drains so slowly and I keep thinking that if I just keep working at it with plungers of various types and designs, I will start working better. Nice plan, but... We even had Tena's husband on speakerphone tonight trying to explain to me how to snake the toilet. All I accomplished was getting my arm in up to my elbow and rusty toilet water spewed on the floor and part of the wall and ON ME!! Tena and I were laughing for awhile, but it was rather short lived. My hand was cold and I wasn't making any progress. So, it looks like Monday, I will call a plumber and, until then, the toilet is off limits to all residents and visitors. Of course, this comes just as I am beginning to apply myself in earnest to the efforts of potty training Max. He is doing well when we are at home (he insisted on sitting on the toilet tonight for over 30 minutes so he could get the promised (single) M & M). My father-in-law says he needs an agent to work out a bigger payoff for his efforts. He was successful, so, as with all the big stars, he received a bonus... TWO M & Ms!!! He earns a star on his chart and an M & M for each success. Davey gets one each night he gets in pajamas, brushes his teeth an is ready to read books while I get Max in bed. The boys are in a race to see who will earn 10 stars (and something from Target's Dollar Spot) first. It is a tight race!!

Time to sign off! I have a sixth birthday party to hostess, a soccer game and a charity walk tomorrow. I can just hear David telling me that I am SuperMommy!!

Peace, love and joy to you all! Good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are Super Mommy!! I can't wait to see pictures of the walk and birthday party. I'm thinking of you today as you make your first visit to the cemetary. I'm glad that you're doing it with Tena & your parents there.
Can't wait to see you next month!
Love,
Sherri

Lyn and John said...

I am so glad we arrived back in Louisville last night in time to "walk the Walk" with you and the whole Incredible Team. It was an awesome sight to see all those beautiful glowing balloons in honor and memory of so many lymphoma and leukemia patients.
We're sorry the cemetery visit this afternoon didn't turn out as well, but we'll make sure it happens very soon.
We're looking very forward to seeing Davey play soccer next weekend. Have a good week!
Love to all of you, Mom and Dad XOXOX