Friday, October 24, 2008

Fall Festival

Well, the day began with a little drama. After my shower, I was getting ready and there was a flash of lightning, a clap of thunder and the lights went out. So, I woke the boys up (by flashlight), we ate breakfast (cereal, not the "Craisin cereal I had promised, by candlelight), I finished getting dressed and tried to do hair and makeup without a hairdryer or lights, and off we went. I did have to get some assistance with the garage door opener. I called my next door neighbor, no answer, and then called Ryan to ask for help. He advised me (I am learning things I need to know in cases like this... hard to get the car out of the garage without opening the door and now I can do that without power). I got the boys to school a little earlier than is typical (amazing what happens when there is no tv to distract!!).

Tonight, we went to the St. Margaret Mary Fall Festival. What a crazy zoo, I must say! We did the inflatables, some games, the chili supper and silent auction. Ryan and Logan met us over there and hung out. We saw lots of classmates of Davey's and friends. We bid on a class basket (a large selection that Davey took a shine to). After several hours there, we decided it was time to head home. Davey and Max played a bit while I did some computer troubleshooting (due to the power failure, the modem needed to be reset with Bellsouth and the password changed). Once the computer was working again, I read bedtime stories to both boys (so sweet to read to both of them at once, just like`I always imagined).

Enjoy the Halloween madness and hug your little goblins!!!

No comments: