Friday, January 23, 2009

The Great TV Switch

I am in the midst of an internal debate over whether to keep DirecTV and buy converter boxes, keep it and buy new TVs (slowly over time, since I can't afford to buy 2 new TVs right now), switch to cable (which would be a little bit more each month, but also on all the TVs, not just the one currently on the satellite). Any thoughts out there??

Random bit of news: Max slept in underwear last night for the first time and no wet sheets! He has been dry most school nights, so I thought it was time to take the plunge!

Another random bit: I had a meeting at one of my schools today and the great gal who is the counselor there told me that after last week when I told her about this blog, she stayed up until 4 a.m. reading it from start to finish. I wonder if others have read it from beginning to end... I worry sometimes I come across preachy or too opinionated or other less-than-desirable tone. But, I suppose it is MY blog, so therefore, I can be however I feel like being that day.

Here is to a weekend with lots of potential for lots of good things!

I will leave you with a clip from "Prairie Home Companion" from last weekend. My mom and dad and I went to the live broadcast and this was my favorite part, I think!

www.prairiehome.publicradio.org/programs/2009/01/17/scripts/pilot.shtml

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check out your DirecTV satellite box. I'm pretty sure satellite TV signals are digital and your box converts them to analog for your set. So, you shouldn't need a converter box for the set that is on the satellite. You also might want to check on the cost of putting all 3 sets on DirecTV. We have 3 sets on DishNet, each with it's own box. Just some thoughts.

Uncle Jim