Friday, January 2, 2009

The Next Billy Mays

Just a quick funny story about my eldest...

This afternoon, I was putting away laundry and had to push aside some things to make room for the pants and skirt I was trying to make room for. Davey came in and said, "Mommy, you need some WondaHangers! They adjust so you have more room and nothing gets wrinkles. They even come with BendaHangers for things to not lose their shape!" I told him what I really needed to do was go through things and donate things that hadn't been worn in the past couple years. I thought that was the end of it, but, again, during the coveted "Mommy- Davey time" after Max (finally!-- tonight it was a long process) was settled into bed, he said, "So, did you decide to order the WondaHangers? You know, they come with those free BendaHangers." I asked him what he was watching when he saw them. He told me, "Nick, Jr., I think." Hmmm... marketing to the younger generation. What are they doing advertising WondaHangers during "The Backyardigans"?!? I suppose I would rather be pestered about hangers than some obnoxious toy for "the low, low price of $99.99", right? Davey has been known to try to sell me an Oreck vacuum, a Snuggie ("the blanket with sleeves"), the Bath Blizzard and some strange bathroom caulk applicator. Maybe this is his new aspiration? Although, this morning, he DID ask me, "Mommy, who are the people that say things to make people laugh?" I replied. "Comedians." "Maybe that's what I'll be." So, I am either raising the future Billy Mays or the next Drew Carey, only time will tell! That is exactly what I see him doing with this degree from Vandy he says he is planning to have!!!

5 comments:

Lyn and John said...

Daddy and I both laughed out loud over that one! Maybe an undergraduate degree in Communications? I think he already has his PhD in making us all happy. He and Max are proof that it is a Wonderful Life!
Love you all, Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

I think you need a trip to Atlanta!!!

Anonymous said...

Brett is always trying to sell me stuff that he sees on TV. I am always telling him that things aren't always as they seem and that some people tell "tall tales" to sell things. What a great, trusting age!

Jasten said...

You should come to Charleston. History, beaches, aquarium, museums, parks - and you know someone here!

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing hysterically at this....I do have an undergraduate degree in Communications and I am waiting for the Snuggies I ordered to arrive in the mail any day! :-)

Let's do lunch. Happy New Year!
Amy