Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sweet, Sweet Boys!

I just want everyone to know that I have the sweetest boys! Ok, sometimes, they are less than perfect, but they bring me such joy, usually when I REALLY need it. Today, we went to breakfast at a restaurant near Baptist East. After we ate, we stopped in at the new Oncology floor to see the nurses. (I had run into 2 of them at the YMCA in the past few weeks and they said I should bring the boys by so the nurses could see them.) So, up we go to the 3rd floor. Max hadn't been up since they moved in late August. The first thing he said after getting off the elevator was, "I want to go to Daddy's room." That caused my eyes to get misty. They were a little active, since we had just come from a restaurant where they had needed to be fairly calm, so we didn't stay long.

We then went home to get ready for a birthday party Davey was invited to. A nice opportunity to visit with other moms from his class. Then off to get my calf and hamstring "worked on" by a great lady who is a retired PT and the mom of my good friend, Jennifer. The boys sat and watched a movie while I was being healed. It is AMAZING what this woman can do!!

Then to Target for a piece of posterboard for Davey's "100th Day" project (every kindergarten parent within the past 5 years knows what I am talking about!). Of course, you can't go to Target and come out with ONLY what you went in there for!

Home, again to work on project, eat dinner, play, watch a movie we got at Target ("Muppets In Space") and, finally, to bed. As we were getting Max tucked in, I told the boys how lucky I was to have them. I was a bit choked up and Max asked me, "Do you miss Daddy?" I replied, "I wish he was here with us!" Davey said, "Let's blow kisses at Daddy." So we did. I think this could become a nightly routine. It seemed so perfect... just the right way to end our day and try to keep David with us in some way. I do miss him so................

'Whenever God Closes One Door He Always Opens Another, Even Though Sometimes It's Hell in the Hallway.'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS... Jen, you make me cry. You are so blessed with those sweet, sweet boys, as I know I am with my sweet, sweet girls. I think of you every day and love your chronicle...have you ever thought of compiling them into a book maybe after a year or so?
I think you could be rich!