Saturday, July 19, 2008

Calmness

David's time in Chemoland has been calm and uneventful (we like uneventful hospital stays these days!). I went to my Professional Development Wed., Thurs., and Fri. and had fun doing science activities for pre-k through 2nd grade. Lots of ideas for units on healthy habits (food, water, health), bugs, bats, bees, etc. The only eventful thing that happened there was my cell phone falling out of my back pocket and into the toilet (BEFORE using the toilet). I took it apart a little and tried to dry it out, but no luck. I took it to the hospital and left it with David to work on while I took his on the road to meet Mom, Dad and Davey in E'town. David fixed the phone temporarily and we had a nice visit with him when we got back to Louisville. The boys raided the pudding and ice cream on 5 North. We had a late night, but it was worth it for the boys to get to spend some time with their Daddy.

This morning, I noticed that the dead phone battery was not charging even though it had been plugged in all night. So, I tracked down a new battery and went to buy it before going up to see David (the boys were at Bobbie, Kevin and Josie's house). The replacement didn't fare any better, so David and I decided to get me a new phone. So I now know that cell phone + toilet water= new cell phone. It is a cute purple Motorola flip phone. I could have had another pink one, bit I decided purple would be good for a change.

The boys and I will go to see/collect David tomorrow after Mass. We hope they will let him go about midday. We will see tomorrow. Until then, peace, love and joy to all of you!

The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it, under its roof. -- Barbara Kingsolver

Once you choose hope, anything's possible. -- Christopher Reeve

4 comments:

Tena said...

Did you take a pic of the boys 'hugging' as Davey had asked? Hope you enjoy the new phone - and all that comes with it (inputting numbers, etc.)
Glad David's stay has been uneventful. Maybe the cancer cells are taking care of the 'eventfulness' of this stay...by going away!
Sending prayers and love...

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the phone isn't working any more. I had hopes for it, even though mine stopped when I did the same thing at a school not too long ago. Hope the four of you are home together today.
Lisa B

Anonymous said...

So if I drop my phone in the toilet I can buy a new phone?? How come I never thought of that. I've been dropping mine on purpose, you know- in parking lots and stuff, and the dinosaur still won't die. :-)

Just checking in with the Albright Chronicle as we were in Chicago for the weekend. Sorry to miss your call.

So glad all is well and David is home....I assume. Your positive spirit is an inspiration to all.
t.t.f.n.
Amy C.

Lyn and John said...

Hope your quietness is a good sign that everyone is just enjoying being home together. We're praying that David rests and gets strong for the next round in this fight.
Lots of love, Dad and Mom