Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Home Again!

David had a swallow study done this morning which showed dysphasia. So, he was instructed to tuck his chin when he swallows liquids. There is a PET scan scheduled for tomorrow morning that should enlighten the doctors about the impact the chemo has made. Based on the PET results, they will decide to do another round of the chemo they used 3 weeks ago or use a different regimen. So, he has tonight and Wednesday night here at home and then he has to be back to Oncology at 8 am on Thursday. We had dinner (David, me and Max) together. Just something I threw together since the Mom's Group didn't bring dinner tonight. David even got to read books to Max tonight, something that has been missed lately.

So, tomorrow morning, Max and I will leave the house shortly after 7 and I will drop him off on my way to my friend's house to carpool to the Science Center for the first of 3 days of Professional Development. David is now allowed to drive, so he will take himself to the PET scan and home again. He will have a quiet day with no IVs, no one taking his vitals and having to get his own lunch. Then Wednesday, he will have to drive himself to the hospital for chemo.

David will be back on 5 North for 4 days (hopefully back home on Sunday) to get his chemo treatment, so visitors are good, as long as he feels up to it.

Davey is having a wonderful time at Camp Googey and DadDad. Today, he and my mom and dad went to Dinosaur World in Cave City, KY and he went home with a brachiopod, a shark's tooth and another fossil. He and my mom also worked on a papier mache dragon this afternoon.


Thanks again to everyone who is supporting us through calls, emails, prayers, etc. The other night, my friend Bobbi even walked over and brought me a margarita after Max was in bed. What a great friend!!

The will of God will never take you to where the grace of God will not protect you

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen, thank you so much for keeping everyone updated through your blog. You, David and the boys are in our daily prayers. Your positive outlook and faith are inspiring.
XOXOXOXO
Kelly, Stan and boys

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
I'm one of your prayer warriors! Just wish you lived in BG so I could help with the boys, etc.
Keep the faith!
LUVUH