Monday, July 28, 2008

Plodding Along

We had a trying day. David ended up getting a PICC line, an NG tube (to get "food" into his belly via a tube up his nose and down his esophagus) and a unit of platelets. He does have pneumonia and is being treated with several antibiotics. I talked to John Huber this evening and got some of my questions answered. The nurses in Critical Care aren't as nice and caring as the ones we are used to. I just feel like I am in the way there. Families don't seem as welcome there. Again, our friends and neighbors have come to my rescue to make it possible to attempt to live a "normal" life. Some have provided food, some have made it so I can go see David at night or during the day. Some have done ALL of these things. I am eternally grateful. I am also blessed to have my family checking on the boys and me. My mom and dad and brother and sister-in-law are awesome!! It is wonderful to know someone is concerned about me while I am focused on David and my boys!

I am also grateful for Tena who stayed up from 12:30 to 3:30 last night/ this morning talking to me about all sorts of things and nothing at all. It was like we were still in the same city. This is what sisters do, I have been told. I paid for it today, but I will sleep tonight, I promise.

Peace I leave with you; My peace I give unto you; not as the world gives, do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.
John 14:27

When I am afraid, I will put my trust in Thee.
Psalm 56:3

5 comments:

Tena said...

I'm here for you. Just call, out my name, and you know wherever I am, I'll come runnin' - sorry, broke into song!
Love!

Jenny Nichols said...

Jennifer, It was so nice to catch up with you this morning...this web site is amazing! Just another in a long list of talents you have!! I love the quotes and scripture. They are wonderful. I hope you are not expecting too much from dinner (I try in the kitchen, but I am no chef!!!)...but it is my pleasure to provide nutrition, and especially some time with the kids instead of cooking...Our prayers are with you any your whole family during this challenging time. Love to you, Jenny Nichols

Joanne Wallace said...

Jennifer,
"Footprints" just keeps running through my mind when I read your blogs. Remember, Jesus will carry you if it gets to big too much. We women don't always have to be the strong ones, although I know it's in our nature. I'm glad you have the support and love. David is one lucky guy to have you for him. I can't imagine going through his battle without someone such as yourself. I feel sure it will help his healing. Hang in there! We're all still praying for you all.

Joanne Wallace

Carrie said...

Please know that we are following your blog here in the parish office. We are keeping all of you deep in our hearts and prayers. Call if you need ANYTHING! Love, peace and prayers!

Anonymous said...

We love you...