Saturday, July 12, 2008

David's Special Fishing Pole

Hey it's David.

I received what appears to be a fishing pole or a drain opening device. I prefer the idea of a fishing pole, so a wrote a tidbit about how I came into possession of the device.

My Special Fishing Pole
I was given a very special fishing pole by Dr. Kraut, a great fisherman whom I met during my second adventure into Chemoland. He has charisma to burn and seems to be always fun to be around, even for a thoracic surgeon. I went fishing with him once or twice. On one occasion he was 5 hours late, but on that trip we spent 2 hours talking telling fishing stories. He mostly fished, I listened. We talked about the elusive small gill strydor. They can only be found at the mouth of the larynx which is never easy to get to. He had a plastic rod, no reel. It had a funny shaped lure called a stent. The fight for the strydor takes two skilled fishermen. On this occasion it was Dr. Bowling, assisting, and Dr. Kraut. Together they caught my strydor with that odd shaped stent. At the end of the trip they gave me one of thier special fishing poles as a momento of the trip. That was quite a fishing trip, one I will not forget.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
Just checking in with you guys! So good to see Jennifer and all last night. (We missed you David.) Just wanted to let you know we are thinking about you...constantly.... and keeping you in our prayers.
Amy C

Steph said...

That is one heck of a fishing rod! It was good to see Davey and Jennifer at the birthday party this afternoon. We think of your family daily. Please feel free to call us any time (seriously, day or night). David, normally I congratulate people on new jobs but since your new "career" means spending your days working hard to feel better, going on "fishing" expeditions, and spending time away from your family, I am sure you will be happy to return to your old job. Be strong, be better.
The Jones Family