Monday, July 21, 2008

Home Sweet Home

It is so nice to do something as normal as sit and watch a movie with my hubby! I went to work today (another "normal" thing to do) and David was home enjoying quiet. Later, he went to get his shot (the first of 10 days) and was home when the boys and I arrived. Davey is back with his buddies at WRBC for the week, so he had a fun day. He wasn't too happy this morning that he was going to be back to a mandatory rest time, but I think he was ok with it by the time it arrived this afternoon. I work Tues., Thurs., and Fri. this week. It is nice to have something else to think about than hospitals, stem cells and chemo! Wednesday, Davey and I have appointments for the eye doctor (required for all incoming kindergartners in Kentucky) and a movie date (we are going to see "Space Chimps"). David and I are trying to think about how to celebrate our anniversary in 2 weeks. We have tickets (and a sitter) for the night before our anniversary to go see "the Wiz" with my mom and dad. I just hope David is up to going. That's about it for us. We are glad things remain uneventful.

Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude.
-Denis Waitley

2 comments:

Tena said...

Sending love and prayers.

Anonymous said...

My heart is lifted and please know that you all are the first prayer of my day, EVERY day. I love you all and look forward to more uplifting posts!!!
Sorry it took me so long to figure out how to send a comment...duh...