Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Energy, strength and faith

While my energy and strength are running low, I have to keep faith high. This morning was rough. I will be brief, so I can get some sleep (I hope). There is some difference of opinion as to what this mass putting pressure on David's trachea actually is. Could be tumor, could be a blood clot/ collection. Breathing is hard and labored. There is a procedure scheduled for tomorrow to explore and perhaps remove the clot, if that is what it is. We don't know what time, because the thoracic surgeon is going to squeeze David in somewhere. We are praying for some good news tomorrow. I have been up and then down, hopeful and then despairing. I need the strength to keep going for the boys and for David. I find it so hard to be with David when he seems to need company and support, yet also be with the boys when they need me. I guess some time to recharge a bit doing something for me is also recommended, but when?!?!? Anyone available to visit David to bring some good cheer, please think about doing so! And PRAY,PRAY, PRAY!!!

2 comments:

Darra said...

Jennifer and David,
We are praying for you and your family on a daily basis. The power of prayer is amazing. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I will call you tonight about arranging for some meals for you all at home.
Love,
Darra
www.caringbridge.org/visit/prestonbarber

Anonymous said...

Dear David and Jennifer,
We just want you both to know we are so lucky to have your family as our neighbor's and friends. We think and pray for you all daily and we want to be there for you in anyway we can. Please call on us. We are only 2 doors down and we can help. It doesn't hurt that Davey is so fabulous and Max is so cute,(and he knows it ha-ha).
We Love you all.
Bobbi Kevin and Josie.