Monday, July 7, 2008

Good and Bad

David had a rough night last night. He did not sleep well and spent the morning "resting" as he puts it. The antibiotics keep coming (Vancomycin and Maxipime) every 12 and 8 hours, respectively. His counts this morning were better (WBC- 2.12, Hemoglobin- 8.9, Platelets- 20,000, Neutrophils- otherwise known as Baby White Blood Cells- 1.8 [normal range begins at 1.9]), so things seem to be moving in the right direction. I just got the low-down from Meghan, Night Nurse Extraordinaire. She was joking about David getting the Penthouse Suite on 5 North. It is a great room, if you must be in the hospital. David will be taking some gooood cough medicine tonight, so he should sleep well.

The boys had a good day. Max played with his friends at WRBC and Davey and I went to the YMCA to exercise/ play. He got to spend all afternoon into the evening with his buddy, Josie, playing at her house, going swimming at her grandma's pool and having hot dogs for dinner. I may have to give him a curfew, it was after 7:30 when he was brought home. It was a great weight off my mind to be able to go see David, knowing Davey and Max were having fun. Max and I had an intimate dinner and some "Mommy- Max" time and cuddles before bed. Then Davey and I did some word/ geography puzzles and got him tucked in for the night.

Thank you all for your love, prayers, help, support, calls, emails, comments on this blog, etc. It means a great deal to have that. God bless you all!

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; My peace I give unto you; not as the world gives, do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

This last scripture is also a line from one of the songs from the Vacation Bible School that Davey and I did last month. I listen to the song (quite loudly) in the car, whether the boys are with me or not. It is a source of strength for me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of and praying for you all tonight...

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,

Thanks for sending me the link to your blog. We are praying for David and your family. Please let me know if there is any way I can be of any help.

love,

Jenny Brooks

Tena said...

love and prayers coming your way!

Anonymous said...

I love your bible verses! Hang in there. I am praying for you right now.

Mary & Gary

Amy Stewart said...

Hi Jennifer,
You don't know me, but I went to middle school and high school with David. My husband, who also knew David from school, alerted me to your blog and David's situation. Jack and I are praying for you and David and your boys. When I read the Joshua passage, I stared singing that VBS song as we just did Power Lab VBS a few weeks ago at my church. So when you mentioned it I had to smile and introduce myself. Music pared with scripture can be a great source of strength as I'm sure you know. When we don't have the words ourselves, songs like those can speak for us. And when those aren't enough, the Spirit groans for us in sighs too deep for words.
May God's strength and grace surround you and your family

Amy (Pummill) Stewart